Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Saga of a Valentine's gift!

Last Valentine's day ( our first one as parents), my hubby got a beautiful succulent as a gift for me along with balloons and chocolates 💓 So thoughtful! Right away, I noticed the plant looked dull despite gorgeous flowers. As it happened, in order to keep it a surprise he had left the plant in freezing cold car over night! Of course the poor one was almost frozen to death! As the saying goes, "it's the thought that matters". But this plant mattered to me a lot- especially after I had already killed the rose plant he gifted me in 2019 during my postpartum blues last year! Sigh!

Photo of a pink blooming flower
I was determined to save this one :) After a rigorous cutting, pruning, sunlight and watering schedule for a year, not only did this beauty grow many times it's size but also gifted us with blooms right after a year!

Feels like a save, just like our marriage which has survived the 'dip' as first time parents. I think we have fought the most after having a baby- sometimes it's about the way he does things and sometimes it's what he does not do! Of course you can't have it all folks- I bet he has his version of my 'wrongs' as a parent too!

You definitely are happiest right after your baby is born but then quickly realize (as you get back from the hospital literally) that you are ill-equipped to handle the frustrations, stress and anger the sleepless nights bring! And when you have to do it all between the two of you, you also become the punching bag for each other (figuratively and literally!).

But it becomes better as days pass by with open communication and sharing of tasks. More importantly, as the plants need care to survive, relationships need it as well to bloom! So let's keep loving and blooming -Happy Valentine's day to you all 💗

2 comments: